What is a WordPress website, and why do you focus on creating this type of website?
WordPress (WP) is a type of content management system (CMS) and open source (free) software. In other words, it’s something that lets you update or modify content on your website without any coding or technical knowledge. Although WP was originally intended for blogs, all kinds of sites operate with WP.
I have several reasons for creating WP websites:
- if you need to make any changes to your website (such as updating a blog, portfolio, changing your contact info, etc.), you don’t need to touch any code
- you have plenty of themes (appearance and layout of the website) to choose from
- you have a variety of plugins (apps that add functionality to your website) you can install
- WordPress was built for search engine optimization (SEO)
- I also have years of experience creating and maintaining WordPress websites, so I know WordPress
- you can learn more at https://wordpress.org
Are you able to make other types of websites?
No matter how simple or complex you want your website, I am here for you. Go ahead and request a free consultation so that I can get to know you and your goals. If I cannot help you, then I’ll be sure to point you in the right direction.
What is the Divi theme and why do you use this for your website projects?
To begin with, a WordPress theme refers to the look and layout of a website. You could think of this like the “website skin”.
The Divi theme is a premium theme developed by a company called Elegant Themes (ET). I own a license from ET that enables me to use the Divi theme on an unlimited number of personal and client websites.
I enjoy using the Divi theme because:
- it has drag and drop features very similar to Wix and Weebly
- it lets you create and update your web pages in real time
- it contains a number of premade layouts to help jump start any design project (e.g., if you own a restaurant, then you could access the premade restaurant layout to give some ideas and/or serve as a good starting point)
- it lets you customize just about any aspect of your website (whereas most free WordPress themes don’t let you)
- the folks at ET continually update it and make it better
If you build my WordPress website with Divi, would I have to pay anything extra?
No – I own a license from Elegant Themes (ET) that enables me to use Divi on all the personal and client websites I want. I pay ET an annual fee for this license. The client never has to pay anything extra to keep the Divi theme on their website.
The only time you would have to pay is if you were to go to the ET website yourself and purchase the Divi theme yourself.
Who is your ideal customer?
As a service based “solopreneur” myself, I have a heart for other service based solopreneurs and startups who need help establishing a strong online presence. Although I’m happy to help anyone around the world who can speak English and pay me for services rendered (in USD), I love helping solopreneurs and startups turn their ideas into digital form.
After I fill out and submit a free consultation request, what are the next steps?
After you fill out the online request and submit, you’ll then have the ability to check my availability and schedule a time to talk to me. We could use Skype, Zoom, Facebook Messenger, or old fashioned telephone.
When we meet voice to voice, I’ll ask you about your goals and let you tell me more about you overall. Just as every business is different, I understand every client is different.
If I’m able to help you, I’ll inform you that I’ll come up with a proposal. My proposals often have multiple directions to consider.
However, if I’m NOT able to help you, I’ll be honest with you and do my best to point you in the right direction.
I live in San Antonio, TX. Could we meet in person?
Yes – if you live in or near San Antonio, then I can meet you. We could meet at a restaurant, coffee shop, or other public area. However, I don’t limit myself to San Antonio customers. I want to help anyone anywhere.