I hope you’re having a happy new year so far and that you’ve been taking action on your goals and resolutions. I know it’s been a while since I last wrote a blog post, but one of my new year’s resolutions will be to produce more consistent (and valuable) content on here.
Looking Back on 2018
Overall, 2018 was a year of growth and progress for Powerful Digital Solutions (PDS). Here’s what we accomplished:
- gained at least 6 paying clients
- completed an average of 1 project per month
- created a 5 page cheat sheet on crafting a high converting About page
- made all client websites GDPR compliant (one of the beauties of a WordPress website is that most of the time, there is a developer somewhere contributing a much needed plugin to the online community; thus all I really had to do was install a few new plugins on each website)
- added mobile app creation to our list of services (my virtual team is in place)
- installed a chat bot on the home page (since conversational marketing is currently really big)
- created our first infoproduct “Professional Website Legal Pack” (how to make your website GDPR compliant and more professional overall)
- did an average of 3 Facebook Lives each month
- completely renovated the website to give it a more modern and techy yet professional look and feel
What’s on the Horizon for 2019 & Beyond
As we continue on with the new year, here is what you can expect from PDS:
- on February 4, 2019, we will launch our first ever online course “The Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Own Highly Effective Website Even If You’re Not Tech Savvy” (you can join the private prelaunch group here and enjoy a 3 part video series that will show you how any non tech savvy entrepreneur can go from idea on paper to professional website)
- the potential for at least one more infoproduct launch depending on demand
- focus less on being a service-driven business and MORE on being a RESULTS-driven business (when you invest in a Silver or Gold web care plan, I will work with you to help you get your website – and your business – where you would like it to be)
- at least once a month we will produce a helpful infographic on this blog (an infographic is basically taking information and making it more visually appealing)
- more consistent social media involvement (particularly on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram)
Latest Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Trends for 2019 & Beyond
According to AgencyAnalytics, these are the top 6 trends you’ll want to focus on in 2019 and beyond:
- Google’s Mobile-First Index: basically make sure your website is responsive (displays well on any mobile device) and you’ll be on Google’s good side.
- Brand Awareness: Google generally gives more preference to bigger brands; Facebook ads can be good for getting more people to know about you and your brand.
- Ensuring a Pleasant User Experience (UX): how long people spend on your website and/or if they immediately bounce off when visiting your site can determine how much search engine love you get from Google. Make sure your website keeps visitors engaged by
- ensuring fast page speeds
- making effective use of video
- using bullet points over paragraphs
- and displaying great content
- Social Signals: generally speaking, the more Likes, Shares, Tweets, and other social engagement your site gets, the more search engine visibility you can look forward to.
- Video Continues to Rule: aside from Google, more people are going to Amazon and YouTube to search for what they need. Adding video to your web pages and blog posts and really help increase engagement. According to Cisco, video will be 80% of online traffic by 2021!
- Content Continues to Be King: you cannot just produce any content, but high quality content. It also really helps if you produce content worth Liking, Sharing, Tweeting, etc. Generally speaking, Google loves blog posts and web pages with at least 2,000 words of excellent content.
There are many more trends in SEO and online marketing for 2019 and beyond. However, this here is a great starting point to help you get on track and stay on track. For more on the latest digital marketing trends for 2019, this is a great resource.
I will close for now. I know my virtual team and I will make every effort to produce high quality content on here and our social media channels.
Before you go, be sure to scroll down and get your free website launch checklist …